Monday, November 2, 2009

I have applied for a job!

Now that all my uni work is over for the year, my mind has turned to the actual goal of my study, which is a career change.

After working from home teaching private maths and music students for some time, I am eager to go out to work and see some people!

After much deep thought, I decided that librarianship was the direction that I wanted to move. I love to read and learn, I can work alone or in a team, I'm good with people, and I don't mind routine tasks. To that end, I am studying to become a fully fledged professional librarian.

The job that I have applied for is a library technician role; a perfect stepping stone for me. It is with a company that supplies books and other products to libraries all over Australia. Looking over their website, I feel quite excited at the prospect of working for them!

In the meantime, I am exploring some other options too, including teacher librarian positions in schools.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...