Tuesday, October 5, 2010

8 for 8

I've been tagged! My mate Shannon at the NutHouse tagged me for this game called 8 for 8. You can read her post here. I have to answer the 8 questions that she posed, then tag 8 more bloggers to answer 8 questions that I pose. Easy and fun. 

1.What was the 1st car you drove?

The first car I owned was a 1969 Toyota Corona called "EPI" from the number plate (pronounced "Eppie").

Older than me, and with a speedo that showed miles per hour instead of kilometers per hour! Luckily I never got a ticket for speeding so I must have been good at converting the measurements! I bought it from my sister's in-laws (at the time, they were just a family I knew from church) - it had belonged to my now-brother-in-law's grandfather.

A great, reliable little car. Chris lowered it for me and it handled great, hugging corners like a race car!

(This isn't my car, but it's the same model.)


2.Who is your favorite author?

OK, this one's hard. I read a lot, and like different authors for different purposes. I've got to say, though, I do love Michael Crichton. His special brand of science-fiction-turned-fact ticks a lot of boxes for me.


3.Do you collect anything? If so, what?

Hahaha I'm reading a book at the moment called Unclutter Your Life. I've got to admit that the only thing I really collect is clutter and the guilt that goes with it!

4.What is your favorite vacation destination?

"Favourite" implies that it's somewhere that I've been, and really enjoyed. In that case, I'd have to say Fiji. Chris and I went there for our honeymoon, and it really was idyllic. Tropical island destinations feature high on my wish list too - I'd love to visit Tahiti or the Maldives.



5.What season is your favorite? What is it about that season that you like best?

I love both Spring and Autumn, because I love the change of season. I get sick of winter after a while and wish for warmer weather, similarly I get sick of summer and wish for cooler weather. The change of season always feels like a fresh start to me, and I love to see the new season's fashion in the store too!

Between Spring and Autumn, Spring is my favourite. I love the smell of flowers.


6.What song can you listen to over and over and never get tired of hearing?

Hmmmm... I'm not really an over-and-over-and-never-get-sick-of-it kind of girl. I'm more of a top-forty-love-it-for-a-while-and-then-I'm-over-it person. At the moment I'm listening to Save Me San Francisco by Train.


7.At what age did you receive your 1st kiss?

Hmmm...either ten or sixteen, depending on how you define 'first kiss'!

8.What fast food restaurant is your favorite?

McDonalds. Looooove McCafe!



Now - you're it!

If your name appears below then it's your turn.

1. Meg @ Life of Meg
2. Vivienne @ The V Spot
3. Monica @ Blessed Mama
4. Casey @ Poodleism
5. Heather @ Lost in the View
6. Dillypoo @ Dillypoo Chatter
7. Colette @ A Buckeye Girl Reads
8. Keely @ The Un Mom

Here are your 8 questions:

1. What's your favourite thing to cook?
2. Do you play an instrument? Which one? How well?
3. What's something that you've always wanted to try, but were too afraid?
4. What's your opinion on natural therapies? Do you use any?
5. If you had $100 and could go out and buy yourself anything, what would you buy?
6. Do you have any siblings? Brothers or sisters? Do you get on?
7. Do you support any charities? Which one(s)? Why?
8. Why do you blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...