Monday, October 11, 2010

TTT - Leo the Lion

I'm ba-ack! Yes, that's right, having finished all my coursework for uni, I am participating again in Shannon's Table Topics Tuesday. Hooray!


Photobucket

Today's topic:

do you possess any of the qualities of your zodiac sign?

I'm a Leo, born on August 23rd. I've always thought that Leos like luxury, like to be the centre of attention and are generous, but I thought I'd do a bit of research in case I've got it all wrong!

The first hit on Google gave me:

The Lion July 23 to August 22 What?!? This means I'm not even a Leo! Talk about identity crisis!

Traditional Leo Traits
Generous and warmhearted True
Creative and enthusiastic True
Broad-minded and expansive True
Faithful and loving True

On the dark side....
Pompous and patronizing No, I really don't think so.
Bossy and interfering Bossy I'll take but definitely not interfering.
Dogmatic and intolerant Isn't this the opposite to broad-minded and expansive???

Hhmmm...Let's try again...

The second hit on Google:

Leo July 24-August 23 Whew! I'm back to being a Leo again.

You are a ball of dynamic energy. You are warm, bright and self-motivated, and you want to make an impression in everything you do — your work, your love life and your social life. I'm not so sure about the energy but I am warm, self-motivated and I do like to make a good impression.

Because you are extremely generous, you expect others to be just as big-hearted. You want to see everyone giving to the best of their ability. To other people, you can look like a bit of a tyrant. I guess this could be true, I do expect a lot of others.

When you are feeling upbeat, you carry people away with your energy, and they love you for it. You love sharing your joys and successes with the people you love. Some people think you are a show-off, but this is a mistake. Your dramatic flair is part and parcel of your zest for life, your love of people and your optimism. For you, life is a stage on which you can perform and express your talents. A show-off? Me? Well maybe a little...

Your physical appetites and general level of energy are extraordinarily high. You need to be physically mobile and fully engaged in meaningful work and social activities to feel good. Again with the energy! I must be doing something wrong, I don't think I got that part...however it is true that I'm happier busy than not.


Seriously, though, what do I think of astrology?

I'm not a believer. I think that we all could find qualities from each of the zodiac signs that resonate for us. And I think that reading a daily horoscope, rather than being useful for planning your life or making decisions, is more about taking the time to be mindful about the day ahead.

So what about you? Do you think that you possess the qualities ascribed to your zodiac sign? What do you think of astrology in general?

If you'd like to play along, click on the button at the top of this post, it will take you to Shannon's NutHouse so that you can link up.


Sources:
1. http://www.astrology-online.com/leo.htm
2. http://www.astrology.com.au/12signs/leo.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...