Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Feeling Un-Festive

I'm desperately needing an infusion of Christmas Spirit.



And while I wouldn't say no to alcohol, when I say Christmas Spirit I'm not talking about a few margaritas followed by a bottle of wine.

I'm talking about that warm, fuzzy, good-will-towards-men feeling that I should be getting about now.

Confession time.
  • My Christmas tree is not up yet and I don't even care.
  • I bought myself a very expensive present today, and I don't even feel excited about it. Just kind of sick about the amount of money that I spent.
On the positive side of things, I have a job interview next week. And I've applied for two other jobs that I'm waiting to hear about. So although I think that the timing leaves a little bit to be desired, I'm trying to focus on making the best possible case for myself. And fingers crossed, I might have some regular library work next year.

I've also been reminded a lot lately about how very blessed I am.



Christmas or no Christmas, as long as I have my husband and children, I have everything I need

Lately I been feeling my heart bursting with love and pride every time I look at my family, or even think about them. I may even have been shedding a few happy tears

So friends, how are you all feeling about the fast approaching Christmas season? Are you bursting with joy? Struggling a little? Have you got an advice for me to help me start to feel festive?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...