Sunday, May 24, 2009


This is a picture of the flautist Jane Rutter with the three girls that came along to her concert An Australian in Paris with me: (from left) Hannah, Etta and Denika.

An Australian in Paris was brilliant, inspiring and intimate in equal measures. We sat in the third row as Jane spoke from the heart about her experiences as a young music student in Paris, weaving French poetry and music through the story. She also included stories of artists, musicians and writers of generations past, who flourished in the hothouse environment of the Left Bank.

Jane's flute playing was, of course, spectacular, but even more impressive was the way the show wove humour and pathos together to provide a window into her passion for the arts and all things Parisian.

The girls aren't old enough to fully appreciate her story, but they were inspired by the beauty and virtuosity of her playing.

I submitted my Collection Management Policy yesterday afternoon. I spent all day polishing it, and simply couldn't stand to look at it anymore. I know there are still things I could change and improve, but sometimes you just have to say "enough is enough". Now I just have to finish the last assignment of the semester, and take a well deserved break to do some serious recreational reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...