Sunday, January 24, 2010

What Makes Me Happy

The lovely Maria Grazia at Fly High! has passed on the Happy 101 Award to me. Thankyou so much Maria! The rules are that I must list 10 things that make me happy, then pass on the award to seven other bloggers.

So here goes - I'm going to be brutally honest with this list - 10 things that make me happy.
1. The beauty of nature. Pictures give me a lift, but there's nothing like actually being out in it. Whether it's the beach or the bush, sunset or rain, plants or animals, mountains, waterfalls or deserts; just being outdoors in nature, breathing the air and taking in the view makes me happy.
2. When my children are happy. I love to watch my kids participate in an activity that they really enjoy, or receive an award or a present that they really love. It makes me happy to see their faces light up, and I love when they call out "Mum!" (as in "look at me!").
3. Giving and receiving presents. I like buying presents for people; I enjoy choosing something that I think they'll really like. I must admit, I do sometimes feel a little bit anxious when they open it though! And - it makes me happy to get gifts! I love it!
4. Eating out. Whether it's just a simple coffee, or a full three course meal in a five star restaurant, I love eating out! I enjoy choosing from the menu and having someone serve me (!). I like to look at the view, or watch the people go by, or chat with my tablemates.
5. Watching movies. Back in the day, B.C. (before children), I used to see lots of movies. It was rare for me to wait to see a movie until it was out on video (yes, it was video then, not DVD!). I still love watching movies, but it's more of a treat for me now, so I'm more careful about what I see. Also, I see a lot more kids movies these days!
6. Reading. I'll read anything, anywhere, anytime. I'll even read while I'm watching TV! I find reading relaxing and stimulating, informative and entertaining. I could never give it up! I also enjoy reading out loud.
7. Being praised. How embarrassing! I do like being told I'm wonderful!
8. Having nothing in particular that I have to do. It makes me happy to have no "must do", "should do" or "ought to do" filling up my day. I love it when I know that I can just do whatever I want!
9. Feeling satisfied that I've done a good job. I love the happy feeling that I get when I've completed a task and really feel proud of myself that I've done my best.
10. Beautiful things. Looking at art makes me happy. Looking through a fashion or home magazine and admiring a gorgeous pair of shoes, or fabulously decorated living room makes me happy. Buying a really pretty pair of earrings makes me happy. I like beautiful things.

So that's me. And now I'm passing this award on to 7 blogs that make me happy:

Congratulations to the bloggers responsible for the blogs above. Your blogs are enjoyable and entertaining to read and make me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...