Monday, July 26, 2010

Are you LinkedIn?

So, know much about LinkedIn?
Nah, me neither, even though I JUST SIGNED UP!

I got an email from my brother saying he was inviting me to "join his professional network" and I was so chuffed that I clicked on the link, and before I knew it - hey presto! - I had signed up for my very own account!

You can check me out here, but don't get too excited, there's not a whole lot happening on my profile yet!

From what I gather so far, LinkedIn is a good way to network with other professionals for lots of reasons, but for me I guess a good reason to be on it is to look for a job. I'll be finishing my MEd (TL) in October, and once the paperwork is in, and I'm duly qualified as a Librarian, I'll be looking for work. So I guess I must figure out how to advertise that fact on my LinkedIn profile somewhere.

If you're on LinkedIn, I'd love to connect with you! Especially if you live in Australia and work in the Library field, but really, just any of you! You can never have too many connections (?)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...