Sunday, November 7, 2010

Versatile Blogger? Or just good at rambling about anything?

Aw shucks...my blogging buddy Dillypoo has bestowed me with The Versatile Blogger award!


Here are the rules when accepting this award:
  • Thank and link back to who gave me the award.
  • Share seven things about myself.
  • Pass it along to seven blogs I've recently discovered and enjoy.
  • Leave the recipients a note telling them about the award.
It goes without saying that I really appreciate receiving this award Dillypoo! Thankyou.

If you haven't discovered Dillypoo's blog, then you really should check it out. She has recently reached her goal weight after transforming herself from a couch potato to a sleek and slim exercise junky. She blogs about her weight loss journey, her life in general, and Harry Potter (!). I am just a wee bit jealous of her collection of HP memorabilia including a wand and several snitches.

Now for seven things about myself.

1. In terms of shopping, I'm a hunter, not a gatherer.

I know the stereotype is that women love shopping and can't think of anything better than a day spent browsing at the mall, but that's not true for me. I go shopping with the intention of buying a particular item or items. I focus on searching for exactly what I need, and when I've successfully found it, I am relieved and head home a happy camper. Even when grocery shopping, I have my list and walk briskly up and down the aisles throwing items in my trolley as I go. I don't stop to check the specials or new products. I just want to get in and out as quickly as possible.

2. Sadly, I am not a domestic goddess.

In my imagination, I love pottering around the house keeping it neat and tidy, I bake regularly, I have a little kitchen garden growing herbs and vegetables for cooking, I do crafts, and I decorate my house cleverly by putting together a  combination of second hand and new items that fit my personality. In real life, however, I struggle with housework and don't have the patience for gardening or crafts.

3. I'm a sucker for teen TV drama.

I know I'm "too old", but I loooove me a bit of teenage angst. Beverley Hills 90210 (the original), Dawson's Creek, The OC...I've done them all! My current faves are Glee! and The Vampire Diaries.

4. My hubby and I were "childhood sweethearts".

I really lucked out with my wonderful husband Chris. We started going out when we were sixteen and married when we were twenty-three. The longer that we're together, the more I realise how truly blessed I am to have Chris. He's an easy-going guy who is friendly and can talk to anyone. He's naturally a practical person, can turn his hand to anything, and is always willing to help people. Everyone that knows Chris agrees with me that he's quite a catch! I'm a lucky girl.

5. I am turning into my mother.

More and more these days when I look in the mirror or listen to myself speak, I see and hear my mother. And though I love her and admire her, it's still a very scary thing!

6. I find being a mum very challenging.

I don't feel that being a mum has always come naturally to me. Between the daily challenges of food, sleep and discipline and the big decisions of schooling and activities, I often feel like I'm making it up as I go along! I've done a lot of things I swore I never would, and haven't done things that I was determined to do. Somehow it all seems different when you actually have kids, rather than just looking on from the sidelines. I think my kids are fantastic, so I hope that at least some of that is due to me!

7. As for religion, I'm a questioner.

And I think that's all right.

So now to pass on The Versatile Blogger Award to seven other blogging buddies:

Kate and Lydia from Rants at Mommyland
Heather at Lost in the View
Susan at Gray Matter

Now I just have to visit the above seven blogs to let the bloggers know about the honour which I have bestowed upon them!

I hope this post encourages you to visit a new-to-you blog today. Leave a comment and spread the love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...