Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sweet Treats


Click the button to visit Brandy and play along!

Current weight: 66.5 kg

Goal weight: 57 kg

9.5 kg to go!

I only lost 0.4 kg this week, but that's ok by me. Now that I'm getting closer to my goal, I understand that my weight loss rate will slow down. As long as I'm still losing I'm happy!

I've been really enjoying my cooking lately. I think it's because I'm focussing on eating fresh fruit and vegetables and protein sources such as fish, lean meat and chicken. I'm not relying on processed or packaged foods which are generally "too expensive" in terms of WW points. I'm enjoying experimenting with different ways to prepare vegetables and salads, using herbs for flavour and trying new combinations.

I've also been making some desserts. It's nice to be able to have a sweet treat now and then, and at least if I make my own from scratch I know exactly what has gone into it and I can count the points accurately.


This Chocolate and Meringue Torte is a WW recipe. It only had 5 points per serve! I enjoyed flexing my cooking muscles a bit separating the eggs and beating the meringue until it was glossy :)



This Pear and Raspberry Bread was not a WW recipe but it was a real hit with all the family. Delicious served warm with some custard!

Have you been cooking differently since you started on your weight loss journey? What have been your most successful recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...