Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Bad Weather and Spending Too Much

It's been raining an awful lot at my place, which I know is nothing compared to the tornados that some of my blogging buddies have been suffering. But I have been feeling a bit housebound and the wet washing has been piling up!

I escaped the house to engage in a little "retail therapy" today. For me, shopping is only fun if I'm spending money. The more the better. Boy do I love spending money!

For a while now, Josh's bedroom has been a complete disaster area. Chris and I have decided to try to address it by getting him some new bedroom furniture.

This is the bedroom suite we have ordered for Josh, except we have chosen to get it in all white. We've also ordered a small wardrobe with some hanging space and shelves. We are getting it on an "interest free plan". I'm well aware that you must be very careful with these plans; you pay nothing up front and have small monthly repayments and it all feels so easy. But if you don't pay off more than the minimum monthly repayment you get into trouble when the interest free period ends and suddenly you're being charged a bajillion per cent on the balance owing. Lucky I'm so sensible and this will not happen to me :)

We're also going to repaint, so we've allowed Josh to look at some paint charts. He likes the look of a high voltage orange called "Energy". Believe me, this boy does not need anything that looks like Fanta in his bedroom! We already have trouble getting him to go to sleep before us at night. Seriously, Chris and I are having trouble finding "special mummy and daddy time" because I'm usually asleep before Josh is.

We're also letting Alana pick some colours to repaint her room, especially after she told us that she felt like "the less favoured child" when we were picking out Josh's furniture.

I love picking out colours, but Chris has long given up on the idea of me actually doing anything helpful like painting. But it's super fun to look through paint charts and I tend to get a bit over-excited and imagine buying all new bed linen and curtains and lamps and throw cushions and... you get the idea!

I may also have "accidently" bought myself a couple of books. And visited the library to borrow a few more. What can be better than curling up with a good book when it's cold and rainy outside?

I couldn't resist Charlaine Harris' latest Dead Reckoning today.


It's the latest in the Sookie Stackhouse series which has been re-imagined as the True Blood TV series. Speaking of which, I believe it's only 23 days until the new series starts! But who's counting...

So, how's the weather at your place?

Done any shopping lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...