Monday, February 8, 2010

Blogs to Cheer You Up

I'm feeling a bit down today, one of my two 15-year-old pet dogs died overnight. My hubby and I got the two of them not long after we got married, just before we bought and moved into this house. So we've never lived in this house without them both, and the kids have grown up with them.

Both mini fox terriers, we named the black and white one Billy and the tan and white one Zac. It is Billy that we lost last night.

Knowing that the dogs were getting old, we've been preparing the kids for the fact that we wouldn't have them forever. But it was still very hard to tell Josh this morning that Billy had died in his sleep. Josh went outside and gave him a little pat and said goodbye. We then wrapped Billy in a towel, and buried him under a tree in the backyard. Unfortunately, Alana had already left for the school bus when we found out, so I still have to break the news to her this afternoon when she gets home.

So, I'd like to share with you some of the blogs that I follow that are good for a laugh or particularly uplifting. I encourage you to visit them, whether or not you need a lift today.

A mind lively and at ease is really something. It's a very thought provoking blog that covers every issue under the sun, from health care reform to how to disguise your heavy upper arms! Maria is an extremely intelligent woman who always has something interesting to say.

Simply Stacie has awesome product giveaways. I haven't won anything yet, but I absolutely love to read her product reviews and the anecdotes she shares about her family.

Welcome to the Nuthouse always gets me giggling. I love hearing about what Shannon and her family are up to.

Beautiful You is a blog dedicatied to helping women to appreciate and feel good about themselves. Julie's posts always make me feel better, and ready to take on life and all its challenges.

There are lots of other blogs that I visit on a regular basis. Why don't you check out the "Blogs I Follow" in my sidebar.

Thanks to all my blogging buddies, who always support and encourage one another.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...