Thursday, February 18, 2010

Internet Back Up and Banana Cake

Yay for BigPond! My internet is back up and going strong, but my trip to McDonalds has had the effect of giving me a taste for banana cake! I had a couple of very ripe bananas, so I pulled out my copy of Best Recipes from The Weekly circa 1984 and found this recipe.

Banana Walnut Cake
125g butter
3/4 cup castor sugar
2 eggs
3 very ripe, small bananas
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
3/4 cup self-raising flour
3/4 cup plain flour
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda

Mash bananas finely with a fork (you should have 3/4 cup mashed banana). Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add bananas and vanilla, beat on low speed until well combined. Stir in walnuts, then sifted flours and soda in two lots; mix well. Spread mixture into well-greased 20cm ring tin, bake in moderate oven 40 minutes or until cooked when tested. Stand for a few minutes, then turn onto wire rack to cool.

I didn't have any walnuts, so I just left them out. I also didn't have a ring tin, so I just used a loaf tin.

My kids like icing, (who doesn't?), so when the cake was cool I added chocolate icing.

Time for a slice :)

It seems to have been a hit; there's only enough left for a couple more slices.

As for uni, no luck yet on a reply from my subject coordinator or any movement on the forum or subject outline fronts...

EDIT: I received a lovely email from the EER500 coordinator, indicating that my initial thoughts are on track. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...