Monday, February 15, 2010

Table Topics Tuesdays

what was the most fun you had at a party?

Play along with us! Hosted by Shannon at Welcome to the Nuthouse!

Pondering today's topic has made me come to a very sad realisation - I am not a party person! Why do I feel that it's somehow sad that I don't have lots of happy memories and funny anecdotes from parties? So what if I'd rather have coffee with a friend, or see a movie, or "do lunch", than go to a party? I don't know why, but I feel like it somehow defines me as "not fun". Oh well.

In the spirit of having fun at the party, I offer the following:

Happiest I've ever been at a party My wedding day. It was not an effort at all to keep smiling for all the photos! I felt beautiful, and loved, and enjoyed everything about it.

Most exhausting party ever Joshua's 8th birthday. I burned lavendar and orange essential oils to try and promote an atmosphere of calm, to no avail. Luckily the parents came and retrieved their children before I resorted to murder!

Most rewarding party ever In 2007 I had a pink themed birthday party to raise money for Breast Cancer charities (I'm a breast cancer survivor). The food was pink, the decorations were pink, the guests wore pink and the prizes were pink. Rather than presents, I asked guests to bring along a donation, and was able to send several hundred dollars to the McGrath Foundation, which supports breast care nurses.

What about you? Are you a "party person"?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...