Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Big Plans

Did you know that the earliest that you can confirm flight bookings is 330 days before travel?

And since my family is planning a five week overseas holiday for June/July 2012 it is not long until I can start booking flights?

Hooray!

I have started working out a couple of tentative itineraries for what I like to call my "World Tour 2012".

Here are some pictures to give you some clues...



All that in just five weeks? Well I didn't say that we were going to get much rest!

Once I go to see my travel agent and talk $$$ I'll know more about what we can and cannot do. Although I have kind offers of accomodation at two of our planned destinations, I still have airfares/train fares/car hire to consider; accomodation at some of the most expensive places on earth (sob!); and of course we'll need to eat! Some of the places we'd like to visit also have attractions with hefty entry fees. I may have to scale back our plans and spend longer with kind friends (!), ultimately having a more relaxing holiday but seeing less. Isn't it horrible to have to be sensible some times!

I'll keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...