Friday, July 15, 2011

It's been over a week since I posted. I totally suck.

What have I been doing? Not much.

The kids have been on school holidays. We've done a bit of this and a bit of that.

I'm still sticking with Weight Watchers and I'm nearly at my goal. I've only got about 4.4 kgs to go! 

I've just found out that I've got four or five weeks work (twenty hours a week) at the library! This is awesome for me. It's just enough work; five hour shifts (during school hours!) four days a week. Could it be more perfect? I'm very much looking forward to actually feeling like I'm part of the team. So far I've only worked two shifts, a month apart, and both have been during the quiet time after the semester has finished. Each time I've met new people who have to be introduced to me as "the new casual librarian". Each time there's not much to do, and while it's always nice to be paid to sit behind a desk and look pretty (!), it will be fabulous to go in to work each day and have the library buzzing with students at the beginning of the new semester. I'll learn so much more about the job from actually doing it under normal circumstances. I'm sure that some days I'll be run off my feet or make a mistake or be asked a question that I can't answer and feel foolish. But I don't think there's anything for it, I've just got to "sink or swim" so to speak!

I'm soooo looking forward to tomorrow! It's Chris' 40th and we've got a fabulous afternoon and evening planned. We're going to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 and then having dinner at an Italian restaurant afterwards. It should be wonderful!

I'm going to link this post up with Brandy's Fat Ass Friday even though I've only briefly mentioned weight loss :)

Click on the button to visit Brandy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...