Friday, July 22, 2011

Moving on and New Clothes

What's new at my place? I've been wearing some new clothes. Because my old clothes don't fit me any more!


I got Alana to take this photo of me. I'm wearing her jeans. Gotta love that, wearing your thirteen-year-old daughter's jeans! It's cold, so I'm also wearing socks and boots; and a singlet, long purple top, and a cardigan buttoned up. I also need a hair cut and colour, but that's another story.

I'm now trying to quickly build up a good basic wardrobe of things that fit so I can add to it as I go along. Alana came shopping with me today and we had a good laugh in the fitting room together. I'm going to be working four days a week at the library starting Monday week, so I need a reasonable selection of "work" clothes. It's not as fun as shopping for just any clothes that I love, but taking Alana along certainly helps. I only have a limited budget, so I have to shop smart and get things that work together and look professional without being overly dressy. I tried on a grey dress that Alana and I named "the prison uniform" today. It was just awful! I'll be steering clear of anything that will make students too frightened to approach me at the library information desk!

I'm not quite at my goal weight yet. The last 4-5 kgs (10 pounds) seem to be hard, and slow, to shift. But I'm not focussing so much on the numbers any more. It's more about feeling good and (I hope) looking good.

I feel like I'm ready to move on from the chapter in my life in which I'm focussing a lot on weight loss. I'm sticking with Weight Watchers, I'm still tracking my foods and exercise, I'm not falling off the wagon! I'm just not going to spend so much time thinking about it any more. I have a family to love, work, and a holiday to plan! I don't want to get stuck in the rut of being all about the number on my scale.

How about you? How are you travelling on your journey?

Click the button to visit Brandy and link up for "Fat Ass Friday".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...