Thursday, August 25, 2011

Happy Birthday to me!

Let's have a rousing chorus of "Happy Birthday", shall we?

I turned 40 this week.

I'm more than OK with being 40. The last ten years have been a roller coaster of ups and downs. I'm physically and mentally healthier and stronger than I was at 30. I'm happier. And I have more skills to face the inevitable difficulties of life. I know how to look after myself now.

Here I am on the morning of my 40th birthday. Not too shabby eh?


I chose this outfit because I thought it would take me through work at the library, maths tutoring in the afternoon and then on to dinner. Yes, I had a busy day! 

Note the use of black opaque stockings. Please send fake tan advice so that I'll be able to ditch the tights as the weather gets warmer!

Those closest to me know me well. I'm not the sort of girl who likes to receive practical gifts for my birthday. No siree! It's luxury all the way for me.

My beautiful sister got me this ring. Love, love, love it! I've worn it every day since I received it.


My wonderful husband and kids got me this perfume. Likewise, I love, love, love it and have worn it every day.


We went out to dinner at a local Italian restaurant. It's a family friendly place with generous servings.

Check out my dinner. Chicken with prawns and asparagus, served on a bed of fried potato and smothered with a creamy Worcestershire sauce. I didn't bother counting the points.


Here are the kids hamming it up with their meals.


Oh yes, that is a car behind Alana. Don't worry, there wasn't a nasty accident involving a car driving into the restaurant. The restaurant has a theme and displays cars and car memorabilia.

Here's Chris and I looking happy.


And here's my dessert. Or what's left of it. Raspberry creme brulee...yummy!


I'm such a fortunate girl. Blessed. And even though I haven't got life all worked out yet, I'm looking forward to the next 40 years! Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...