Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Almost time to farewell 2010.

Today was the last day of the school year for the kids and I'm feeling a bit melancholy. For some reason, the beginning of the school holidays and the Christmas parties and carol singing feels like an ending.

The year is ending. And while that's nothing to be sad about, I'm somehow feeling the loss.

I have a lot to look forward to. Christmas presents. Christmas dinner (times two) with the family(s). A week in a caravan at the beach. Getting a job.

And when school starts back at the end of January, Josh will be starting at his new school; so that will be exciting.

Maybe I just have to go through a period of "letting go" and almost grieving the old year before I'm ready for the new one. Who knows?

I'm grateful to a good friend who has lent me The Millenium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson. Between my friend and my sister I have a nice pile of books to read over the summer break. Maybe I'll even get my act together and write a review one of these days!

How about you? What are you looking forward to over the Christmas season? What books have you got to read? How do you feel about the end of 2010?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...