Monday, December 6, 2010

Day 2 of Christmas Gratitude

It's amazing how gratitude works!

Yesterday I made the conscious decision to banish the grumps by focusing on things that I'm thankful for. I wrote this post about the number one thing that I'm thankful for, my husband.

I got a great response in the comments and via facebook, but the most important thing is - I FEEL BETTER!

Just by choosing to focus on the positive I have changed my entire outlook. I can see the blessings so much more clearly.

Now on to my second day of Christmas Gratitude.

A close second to my husband in terms of things I'm thankful for are my two beautiful children Alana and Joshua.

Alana made "beautiful biscuits" in food tech at school.

Josh with his academic achievement award.

I'll be the first to tell you how attractive, clever and talented my children are, but that's not what I want to do here. Instead, I want to tell you one special thing about each of them that makes me love them.

Alana is the most honest, faithful, loyal, kind and trustworthy girl I know. She makes me want to be a better person! Her friends can trust her completely to keep secrets and always be supportive, and she doesn't like to hear a bad word about anyone. Alana not only knows what the right thing to do is, she does it. I can't quite believe that I'm fortunate enough to have such a special girl in my life.

Joshua is fun! He's the most playful boy I know. From the moment he wakes up until the time that he goes to bed, he wants to smile and laugh. He's the master of quirky humour, funny faces, and sometimes I think he should be on the stage! He always wants me to join in whether it be on the trampoline, playing "dead" when he "shoots" me, tickling him or playing cards or a board game. I'm a lucky mum to have him in my life.

Your turn now. What are you thankful for?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...