Thursday, October 8, 2009

Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris



I am a very bad person. I am struggling to complete two uni assignments, offloading my children to my parents to be entertained for the holidays, not doing any housework...but still I manage to read Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris.

Book 6 in the Southern Vampires or Sookie Stackhouse series, and still loving it. From the inside cover notes:

"...Sookie Stackhouse...her cousin Hadley - a consort of the vampire queen of New Orleans...as unexpected heir to Hadley's estate, Sookie discovers the inheritance definitely comes with a risk. Someone doesn't want Sooke looking too deeply into Hadley's past..."

In this instalment, Sookie heads to New Orleans to settle her cousin's estate and meet with the vampire queen to hammer out the details of her attendance at the upcoming vampire summit. What seems like a relatively simple assignment quickly becomes more complicated. Sookie and her date (you'll have to read it to find out who!) are attacked by newly bitten weres after a pleasant night at the theatre. A half demon is killed in Sookie's yard while attempting to deliver a message from the queen's legal representative. And the dead body in Hadley's apartment closet turns out to be not so dead, when he rises for the first time as a newborn vampire as night falls.

I thoroughly enjoyed this episode in the Sookie Stackhouse series. The love interest (read it to find out who!) was satisfying! And I'm loving Amelia, a young witch who becomes friends with Sookie and helps her solve the mystery of the newborn vampire.

I also liked the way Harris wrapped up some loose ends that had been dangling for the last couple of books, like "What brought Bill to Bon Temps?" and "Will the Pelts ever give up looking for Debbie?".

I'm definitely looking forward to the next book All Together Dead. I'll try to wait until my assignments are submitted...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...