Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Birth of a Fashionista

Like most girls, I've always loved clothes, shoes, jewellery and all other accessories. Lately though, I haven't always been happy with the outfits that I've been putting together. I haven't always really felt like "me", if you know what I mean.

Recently, I realised what the problem was.

1. I was waiting until I lost weight so that I could buy new clothes and choose things that I loved and really love my "look".
2. I was waiting until I magically had a lot more money so I could afford the clothes and accessories that I really want.

I've decided to stop waiting! So, I'm not thin. That doesn't mean that I can't find a style and wonderful clothes that I love and look good in. So, I'm not rich. That doesn't mean that I can't do some bargain shopping and still put together some great outfits.

So, as this blog becomes more eclectic every day, I've decided to show you some of the outfits that I'm putting together. I welcome your comments, but only if you're telling me how fabulous I look!

Outfit Number 1 consists of:
Top from Target, was on the end-of-season sale rack. (Sorry, I got it a while ago, I can't remember how much it was.)
Skirt and belt from Rivers Clearance Store. (Again, can't remember the price, sorry.) The belt is supposed to be worn on the skirt, but I chose to wear the top out rather than tucked in and tied the belt around my waist.
Shoes from Rivers Clearance Store $18. (Yes they are leather!)

Outfit Number 2 consists of:
Top was a gift (a couple of years ago!) and is from Colorado.
Skirt from Salvos Store $7. Considering that the brand is Jacqui E, it fits me perfectly, and is showing no signs of wear, I'm pretty happy with that! 
Same shoes.

So, what do you think? If you enjoyed this post, head over to Frocks & Frou Frou, a blog that has been inspiring me of late.

And please leave me a comment, I'd love to hear about your take on fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...