Sunday, April 11, 2010

grave secret by Charlaine Harris

grave secret by Charlaine Harris.

Borrowed from my local public library.

**** "Satisfying"










From the inside cover: "Lightning-struck sleuth Harper Connelly and her stepbrother Tolliver take a break from looking for the dead to visit the two little girls they both think of as sisters. But, as always happens when they travel to Texas, memories of their horrible childhood resurface...To make matters worse, Tolliver learns from his older brother that their father is out of jail and trying to reestablish contact with other family members. Tolliver wants nothing to do with the man - but he may not have a choice in the matter. Soon, family secrtes ensnare them both, as Harper finally discovers what happened to her missing sister, Cameron, so many years before. And what she finds out will change her world forever..."

grave secret is the fourth book in Harris' Harper Connelly series, which I love. I have reviewed each of the previous books in the series - you can read the reviews by clicking on each book's name.


I was waiting on this book for a long time. It was so overdue that the library almost listed it as lost, but eventually it turned up and I got the call that it was ready for me to pick up. I've been working hard on an educational research assignment for my Masters, so it's been sitting on my bedside table for a week or so, taunting me! Ah, what the hell, I decided to give myself a break from the study and treat myself!

As expected, I really enjoyed this continuation of the story of Harper Connelly and her stepbrother Tolliver, who travel the country finding and identifying the dead using Harper's supernatural gift. As usual, there was a mystery to solve, and I also enjoyed the developing relationships between the characters. It was also extremely satisfying to get an answer about what happened to Harper's sister Cameron.

These books aren't demanding, they can be read in a single session if you have the time. But the storylines keep you guessing, the characters are engaging, and - you guessed it - I can't wait for the next one!

A quick check of Charlaine Harris' website shows that there is nothing new in the pipeline for Harper as yet, however the next Sookie Stackhouse book, Dead in the Family, is due out in May. You can read the first chapter of it (yes, of course I did!) here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...