Monday, April 5, 2010

TTT- it's hard to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man!

Photobucket
what's the dumbest argument you've ever had?

Sometimes my husband refuses to admit that I'm right, and it is sooooo annoying! I will set a well-reasoned argument before him, but it doesn't move him. He simply doesn't agree with me. What a pain!

For instance, I am absolutely convinced that my husband uses the word "later" incorrectly. When he says, "I'll do such-and-such later", I stupidly assume he means either in a few minutes, or later in the day, or possibly even later in the week. But I assume that he has a definite plan to go ahead with the action, and that it will occur soon.

Noooooo, I am so wrong! Apparently, "later" simply means at some unspecified time in the future, which may be days, weeks, months or even years away. And even though I know this about my husband, I always get sucked in. When he says "later", I always think "Oh, great, he's going to get to that soon!", when I should be asking "WHEN EXACTLY???"

And no matter how many times I tell hubby that his use of the word "later" is not the usual interpretation, he argues with me!

Pretty dumb huh?!?

So what about you? Play along with Shannon at the NutHouse - link your post via the button. What's the dumbest argument you ever had?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...