Monday, April 12, 2010

TTT - Food, Glorious, Food!

Photobucket
if you had to eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Oooh, this is a good one! I love to eat, and the thought of eating the same meal over and over each day leads me to one important conclusion - I'm going to need three courses!

For my American readers: In Australia, we refer to the first course of our meal as the Entree, the second course as the Main Meal or Main Course, and the third course as Dessert. Just so you don't get confused!

For my Entree, I'm thinking seafood. It's such a hard decision! I love smoked salmon, so maybe a Smoked Salmon Terrine? I also love Salt and Pepper Squid. Or maybe a pasta dish, like Linguine with a Cream and Smoked Salmon Sauce...

Ok, I'm having some trouble deciding here! Let's just say I've chosen a delightful seafood dish and matched it with a Semillon/Sauvingnon Blanc. We are having wine with our meal - yes?

For my Main, I'm thinking a nice casserole. Maybe Moroccan Lamb Shanks with Cous Cous? And I'll pair it with a glass of Shiraz.

For dessert, I must have chocolate, and I must have fresh berries! I'm thinking a Dark Chocolate Basket filled with Fresh Berries, topped with Double Cream. Of course I'd need a nice glass of "sticky" to go with it. Or maybe the sweet shiraz that I had at my sister's place!

"Thousand Layers" smoked wild salmon terrine. The salmon is layered with zucchini and piquillo peppers, and drizzled with a savory oyster vinaigrette. The dish is light but redolent of fall flavors, thanks to the smokiness of the salmon and the bite of the peppers.
From The Hall at Palihouse menu.

Lamb Shanks with Chickpeas and Morrocan Spices.


I've had so much fun choosing this menu! Thanks Shannon :)

If you'd like to play along, click on the button above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...