Monday, April 26, 2010

TTT - Getting Inked.

Photobucket
if you were to get a tattoo right now, what would it be?

Oooooh, I wonder if this topic will stir up a bit of controversy? Some people have very strong opinions about tatts, so it will be interesting to see what sort of conversations this question provokes.

I don't have any tattoos, but I'm not against them. It's just that because a tattoo is permanent (barring expensive laser removal), I'd want to make sure that I was really, really happy with what I chose, and I've never felt strongly enough and sure enough to go ahead with any ink.

Tattoos can look really cool, but they can also look pretty trashy. So I think you have to do a bit of research to find out which designs, colours and skin areas stand the test of time. I'd hate to end up with something that had drooped or gone blurry and made me look old and tired and past my prime! I think that I'd like to look at some tatts that were 5, 10 or 20 years old to see what the effect was.

Having said all this really sensible stuff, the thought of just heading straight to the tattoo parlour and getting one done does get the heart racing a bit! It seems a little bit edgy and exciting, but is pretty socially acceptable these days so doesn't seem too baaaaad!

So, enough waffling, if I was to bite the bullet and get one today, what would I get?

Definitely something feminine and pretty.


This heart-and flowers design has a banner on which the names of my husband and kids could be written.
After all, I know that I'll love them forever, so even if I regret the tattoo, I'll never regret them.

Another possibility would be getting an inspirational quote tattooed; something that is meaningful to me. Tattoos that are just a line of words done in script usually look pretty classy. 



This wouldn't be my particular choice, but it looks pretty cool to me.

And where on my body would I get the tattoo done? I think the back, as in the photo above, is pretty nice. It can be hidden or shown off as desired. Other possibilities for me would be:

the nape of the neck
(I think it's sexy, and it can be hidden by hair.)



the foot or ankle




 or, the wrist.


So, what about you? Do you have any tattoos? Would you get one? And if you were to get one right now, what would it be?

To join in the discussion, click the button above which will take you to Welcome To The NutHouse, where Shannon hosts this meme every Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...