Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Keeping all the Balls in the Air

I've been feeling a bit "all over the place" lately. You know that feeling you have when you've got a lot of balls in the air and you're not sure which one is closest to the ground and should be getting your attention? Yeah, that's been me.

Josh went off to his first school camp this morning, and in a massive photo opportunity fail, I did not take a single snap of him - with his bag, getting on the bus, smiling and waving goodbye - nothing. Ooooops. In an attempt to redeem myself I wrote him a letter and posted it immediately.


So tomorrow or Friday he should receive a letter telling him that I hope it's not still raining (!) and he's able to do all the outdoor activities (rock climbing, archery, canoeing) and that I hope the food is OK (Josh is a fussy eater)!

My next project is doing some sewing for Alana's ballet costume. She's competing in an eisteddfod doing a duo with a friend of hers in less than two weeks, and at the moment the costume is just a plain white leotard in need of a skirt and some decoration. There's a lovely dressmaker that's doing the skirt for me, but I decided that I'd be perfectly capable of tizzing it up with some sequins or some such! After a couple of trips to Spotlight and Lincraft, I've got some black braid to which I have to attach diamontes.



Then, the dressmaking sales assistant informs me, I'll have to sew it onto the costume WITH ALANA IN IT because the braid and diamontes have no stretch, and if I sew it on without Alana in it, the decorations will all fly off as soon as she tries to put the costume on! Fun for all the family.

You'll be pleased to know that I got my uni assignment back yesterday. I was really happy with the mark of 37.5 out of 50 (you must remember that I am doing a Masters degree so they have very high expectations!), but even more so with the comment. Of course there was plenty of constructive criticism, but the bits I liked were:

Your use of the literature is well considered and you provide evidence of deep thought and analysis. 

Good luck with your research- you have huge potential to complete this and publish it.

Yay for me!

So, what have you all been up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...