Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Twitter Trio (3)

This week I'm going to feature three blogs that are new to me. All of them were discovered via Twitter. Here's what happened - someone that I follow tweeted a link to a particular post on the blog, I clicked on the link to read the post, I liked the post and the blog so much that I started to follow the blog.


Since I've been following this blog, Jennifer, a freelance writer and homeschooling mum of four boys, has tackled such topics as Gender Intensification, Life With Boys and Birth Control and Boys. She doesn't shy away from the difficult issues. As a mum of one daughter and one son, I truly appreciate Jennifer's insights. I want to do as good a job as possible parenting both my children. Boys can be difficult for Mums to parent for a number of reasons, especially as we've never been boys ourselves so we don't really know what it's like! Also boys can sometimes seem messy, overly energetic, strong-willed and disobedient! I'm glad to have found this source of support.


Joy is also a freelance writer who is using this blog to document how she is facing her fears by trying new things. The post that led me to this blog was Fearing the Worst, I recommend that you read it if you need a little help getting your life into perspective.


The post that got me interested in this blog was this one titled The Power of Reading Aloud to Children. I don't know a lot about the Montessori Philosophy of education, but I've always been intrigued by it. I'm sure I'll learn more by following this blog.

So there you have it - this week's Twitter roundup. If you've found something interesting via Twitter, please leave me a comment. Or better yet, follow me on Twitter so we can tweet about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...