Saturday, August 1, 2009

My Kitchen...The Ongoing Saga








Just in case you think that the only thing going on at my place lately is uni work...

Yesterday afternoon, a familiar sound rang out from my kitchen, one that I had not heard for some time. The sound of hammering and sawing and swearing. Yes, that's right, my husband was back into 'renovation mode'. (No one knows what sets him off!)

Our kitchen was in limbo, half-finished for some time. The dishwasher and new sink had been put in, necessitating the bench top to be cut and moved. Consequently, the gaps in my benchtop were being covered by strategically placed chopping boards.

Yesterday was the day that hubby decided to replace the not-long-enough original benchtop with someone's discarded benchtop that he found in a dumpster. Yes, that's my hubby - one man's trash...

Unfortunately, the scavenged benchtop was not the right length (too long), and it didn't have a hole for the sink cut into it. From the pictures above, you can see that he was successful in installing the 'new' benchtop, apart from the tiles...See if you can spot the trouble!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...