Saturday, March 6, 2010

Take me Away!

I have spent most of the day searching the internet for a holiday venue for January next year. My sister and I are determined to take both our families on holidays together, so that we can share some quality recreation time.

What do you look for in a holiday venue? I have been looking for a caravan park that has two powered sites near one another, so that we can set up the caravan and camper trailer and holiday in reasonably priced splendour! Of course, it's important that the caravan park:

Has a super-dooper pool for the kids.

Has some other play activities for the kids, e.g. mini golf, playground, games room, volleyball/tennis/basketball.

Is situated in a town that has (at least) a few shops for getting groceries and somewhere to eat if we get too lazy to cook.

Is within a resonable distance of some other local attractions like a bigger shopping centre, indoor activities (e.g. movies) in case of rainy weather, and other "holidayish" pastimes like theme parks or nature parks.

Also, this will be the first time that we holiday as boat owners, so we want somewhere close to a boat ramp.

And all this in the peak holiday season for Australians!

Here is a sneak peek from the website of the caravan park that I've chosen.

Looks nice, doesn't it! I don't want to say any more for now, because the booking will not be confirmed until tomorrow. But come January, I could be caravanning by the water on a site like the one below.

I might be relaxing by the pool, while the kids ride go-karts, or play table tennis, or paddle a canoe!

What about you? Do you have any holidays planned? What do you like to do when you go away?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...