Tuesday, March 9, 2010

What to do on a Rainy Day.

what is the best way to spend a rainy day?

Table topics Tuesdays is thanks to Shannon at Welcome to the NutHouse.
To play along, click here.

OK folks, this one's easy!

A rainy day is best spent tucked up inside, preferably in bed, reading! And I don't mean reading school text books, or something serious for the Social Justice Challenge. (Not that there's anything wrong with either of these...) I mean reading fabulously trashy quick-read fiction; or re-reading a much loved "comfort book".

My favourites?

I can't go past Charlaine Harris for fabulously trashy fiction. I mean that in the nicest possible way! Nothing like some hot sex and vampires on a rainy day.

Or, if I'm feeling a bit fragile, or in need of TLC, my go-to re-read is Harry Potter. I just find it somehow comforting to re-visit the world of Hogwarts.

To re-visit my adolescence and get some vampires into the bargain, then the Twilight saga is good value.

Of course, I can just read whatever's on my bedside table (at the moment The Slap by Christos Tsiolkas).

I love a rainy day...as long as I don't have to go out in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...