Monday, March 15, 2010

TTT- Healthy Eating or Exercise?

It's that time of the week again - time for Table Topics Tuesday.
Head to Shannon's NutHouse to play along.
is it harder for you to eat healthy or get exercise?

For me, it's harder to fit exercise into my day than to choose healthy foods. It's not that I don't have time to exercise, my issue is the sweat! Stay with me here...

If you're going to exercise and work up a sweat, then you have to shower, change, and do your hair and makeup afterwards - it's all that I have a hard time fitting in. Please don't tell me that you can exercise in your lunch hour - I don't want to hear it! I'm the type that goes extremely red in the face and sweats a lot, especially my head. I'm not fit for human consumption until after a shower, and if I'm going to look at least somewhat well-groomed, I need to do my hair and face. That's just me. I'm not 20, I'm not thin, and I have to try a little to look good! More power to you if you're ready for anything unmade-up with your hair in a ponytail, but I'm not!

On Fridays, I go swimming with a friend of mine for exercise. We meet at the pool first thing after the kids go off to school, and do half an hour of laps (that's 1km for me). Then we shower and change at the pool, slap on some moisturiser and run a comb through our hair. Next we head to the closest shopping centre where we enjoy a coffee together at Gloria Jeans. Sometimes we run into someone we know, even with the red marks from our swimming goggles still on our unmade-up faces. Oh well. After our coffee, I head into the supermarket and do my weekly grocery shopping, then head home to unpack it all (a workout in itself). Then I fix up my hair and face before picking up Josh from school and doing all my usual Friday afternoon taxi-ing (gymnastics, ballet, youth group).

What about you? Is it exercise or food that's your downfall on the quest for health and beauty?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...