Wednesday, May 26, 2010

shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

shiver by Maggie Stiefvater.

Borrowed from my local public library.

***** "You must read this book!"





From the back cover: "And then I opened my eyes and it was just Grace and me - nothing anywhere but Grace and me - she pressing her lips together as though she were keeping my kiss inside her, and me holding this moment that was as fragile as a bird in my hands."

I cannot express how much I love this book. I love, love, love this book. As I was reading it, I was grinning because I was enjoying it so much. As I got closer to the end, I rationed my reading so that it wouldn't have to end. When I closed the book at night, I lay in bed imagining what might happen next, or how it would feel to be Grace or Sam.

This book is heart-breaking, bitter-sweet, exhilarating!

This book is poetry.

This book is first love, love-at-first-sight and everlasting love.

This book is the feeling of isolation as you grow up and define yourself.

I didn't read a plot synopsis before reading this book, and I'm glad that I didn't because it allowed the story to unfold before me with no expectations. But in case you want to know a little bit of what it's about...

From the inside cover: "Grace has spent years watching the wolves behind her house. One yellow-eyed wolf - her wolf - watches back. He feels deeply familiar to her, but she doesn't know why..."

I hope you enjoy this book as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...