Saturday, May 15, 2010

Sunday Family Footy



Here's a picture of my hubby Chris ready for footy.

He plays Aussie Rules for the Central Coast Phoenix in the AFL Masters (over 35s) Competition. For my overseas readers - yes, that's really what they wear to play Australian Football - short shorts and a sleeveless "jumper" and no padding whatsoever. We breed them tough down here!

They play every second Sunday at 10am, and normally we just let him go and have a bit of "male bonding time" while we go to church. Today, however, we decided to make a family day of it. It's been a long time since I've watched Chris play footy, and I was proud to see that he still has the skills! I thought that Josh might enjoy seeing his Dad in action, and he did make a point of noting the number of goals that Chris kicked. Most of the time, however, he was running around kicking a ball with the other kids that had come along, or playing with the dogs that had been brought along. There was a lovely family atmosphere, and lots of cries of "Good one Dad!".

Alana spent her time reading Tommy Sullivan is a freak by Meg Cabot - she's a girl after my own heart!

As we were leaving, I ran in to a guy that I went to school with! How funny! He plays for the Phoenix and has two sons that play footy for one of junior clubs on the Central Coast. His older son plays in the U14s, his team plays against the team that Chris coaches. His younger son plays in the U10s in a team that plays against Josh's team. So I'll be sure to run into him again soon. What a small world it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...