Friday, May 21, 2010

The Twitter Trio

I posted a while ago about how much I enjoy Twitter, how much information I'm discovering, how I like to pass on anything particularly interesting that I find, and how I find it difficult to keep up with the flow of information. Read the post here.

I have decided to attempt a regular weekend post featuring three interesting finds via Twitter, and I'm calling it The Twitter Trio.

1. AASL Blog Post

Found via @sandynay.

This is the official blog of the American Association of School Librarians. Written by Cassandra Barnett, the post discusses advocacy issues, and how teacher librarians must argue the importance of their role within the school. The post itself is interesting, but I'm particularly glad to have discovered the blog itself so I can add it to my Library and Education Blogs list.

2. The Blog of Tim Ferriss Post

Found via @miafreedman.

This is an inspiring article about accomplishing your objectives without reacting to every criticism you receive. I think that this is a great lesson for me, and I particularly like this bit: “Focus on impact, not approval. If you believe you can change the world, which I hope you do, do what you believe is right and expect resistance and expect attackers."


Move over powerpoint, Prezi is here. I have embedded an example below so you can appreciate the wonder that is Prezi. I have chosen the presentation "Math is not linear" because I am a maths teacher and I love what the creator, Alison Blank, has to say about the teaching and learning of mathematics.




See you next weekend for another exciting instalment of The Twitter Trio!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...