Friday, January 28, 2011

Fab Five Fri...Saturday

Once again I'm playing along with Frizzy at Heaven's Gift for Fab Five Friday.

I'm sharing five photos that I took during the week. I encourage you to click the link and visit Frizzy's blog. While you're there, check out the photos that the other participants have posted.

This photo of a pretty pink rose was taken in my backyard. I mentioned last week that I love flowers, and roses are my all time favourite. I also mentioned that I'm not much of a gardener. Unfortunately, my rose bushes have to make do without the proper pruning and feeding that they need to do their best. They do, however, still look beautiful in the summer.


This is my dog Lucy. I've taken lots of photos of her because she's just so adorable! She's 9 months old and a Spoodle (Cocker Spaniel cross Miniature Poodle). Aww... aint she cute :)

I spent part of Australia Day at the beach. For those of you who aren't familiar with Australia Day, I could write a whole post about it, and I won't try and give you an Australian History lesson today. Suffice to say that it's a public holiday marking the arrival of the first convicts to Australia and, coming at the end of the summer holidays as it does, is a "last hurrah" for fun in the sun before the school year starts and the country gets down to business.


This is my gorgeous boy Josh, all ready to jump into the surf on Australia Day.


In the centre of this photo is my beautiful girl Alana. My hubby Chris is in the foreground.


The "other Aussie flag". The surf lifesavers play such an important part in keeping everyone safe at the beach.
The red and yellow flags mark the area of the beach that is safe for swimming, and are an iconic Aussie image.

I hope you've enjoyed my photos this week, and again encourage you to visit Frizzy and check out the other participants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...