Friday, January 21, 2011

I've decided to participate in Fab Five Friday at a blog that's new to me - Heaven's Gift. It's Saturday here at my place, but I'm not letting that stop me :)

Fab Five Friday is about sharing our top five photos for the week. So if you like taking photos, you might like to click on the link, visit Heaven's Gift, and play along too.

I don't think I actually took any photos this week, but since it's my first go at Fab Five Friday I don't think anyone will mind if I post some photos that were taken earlier.

This one is of a Gardenia and was taken in my front yard. I'm not much of a gardener, but I love any flowers with a scent and Gardenias have the most heavenly perfume. I associate the smell of Gardenias with Christmas because they bloom in summertime. This photo was taken just before Christmas.


This is the trunk of a Scribbly Gum, taken in my back yard. It was taken in the evening as the sun went down and I love the shadows and the colours where the bark is coming away.

This photo was taken just before Christmas at a beach that my kids and I like to go to. It's called The Haven because it is in a sheltered bay so is very safe for families. Because my kids are 10 and 12, I can sit under the shade of a tree sipping coffee while my kids swim, play on the sand, or explore the rockpools for starfish.


I took this photo on New Year's Eve sitting in the waterfront reserve in my town. Every New Year's they have a family-friendly fireworks display at 9pm. We got there at about 7:30pm so we could get a good position, and I took some photos as the sun went down.


This is one of my nieces, Darcy. The photo was taken a couple of weeks ago when my family and my sister's family went on holidays together. One night we got out the glow necklaces and sparklers for the kids to play with after dark. Though the photo is grainy, I just love it!

All these photos were taken on my iPhone. I don't own a camera, but my phone goes everywhere with me so I find it the easiest way to make sure I capture special moments.

Have these photos in any way inspired you with a desire to visit Australia? If so, you should check out the Beautiful Bloggers Australian Adventure House Swap

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...