Thursday, February 3, 2011

Even my doctor thinks I should lose weight :(



Playing along again with Brandy at You Don't Know. Click the button to visit Brandy and check in with how her "weight loss journey" (I think I've watched too much Biggest Loser) is progressing.

Wednesday 2nd February

So, any day that you go to the doctor for a check up and she says, "You look like you've put on weight. Can you step up on the scales for me?" is not a good day.

A pap test and a weigh-in. Not good.

My doctor is lovely. She has been with me through the birth of two children, a battle with breast cancer, and a bout of depression. So she wasn't mean to me. She just gently suggested that I might like to increase my exercise and decrease my calories. Yeah, I know that's how it works.

So now I'm sipping unsweetened tea when I really wish I had a hazelnut latte. And I'm looking at the potato, bacon and chicken casserole that's cooking in my crockpot for dinner tonight and getting a sinking feeling that I ought to restrict myself to a very small portion. Boo :(

This was probably the kick up the bum that I needed to push me off the fence and onto the weight loss bandwagon, so expect to hear more on the subject. I guess what I need to do now is set some goals and make some plans for achieving what I want.

Thursday 3rd February

Drinking tea with no sugar again. Boo :(

I had a glass of wine with my potato, bacon and chicken casserole last night. Was that bad?

Ate a small bowl of Special K with skim milk for breakfast. Am hungry.

It's too hot to exercise.

This weight loss caper seems not to be going too well.

Friday 4th February

This hot, humid weather is making me lose the will to live, let alone make goals and work on weight loss. Luckily on Fridays during school term a friend and I meet at the pool to swim laps. In winter it can feel like a chore, but today I'm sure it won't! Then we reward ourselves with a coffee after. I can haz hazelnut latte?

Are you a Weight Watcher or a Jenny Craig-er or a devotee of meal replacement shakes and bars? What would you recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...