Wednesday, February 2, 2011

It's A Great Great World 大世界 Movie Review


I just went to catch 大世界 with my Mum on New Year Eve. A show that will binds the family together. Was in the theater, and heard parents around me explaining to their children certain activities, like tikam, and food like the iceball with syrup. Guess it also brought back some memories, and my Mum too, was telling me she used to do this...and that. Kind of heartwarming to hear parents reciting stories during the show...


You should catch it in the cinema because you will get a chance to listen to your familiar local celebrities speaking in dialects, which you will not be able to see it on our National TV. Almost 90% in Hokkien, fret not if you can't understand, cause both Chi and Eng subtitles will be available...


The story started with Olivia trying to return pictures that her Grandma(Yvonne Lim) took in her early days. She located Ah Beng (Chew Chor Beng) and flashbacks of Great World during different periods were seen as Ah Beng narrates the story behind each photo to Olivia... there were 4 different stories. And the one which touched me most was the last one.

Overall, I give 3.5 out of 5. Even though I may not know about Great World, somehow I just felt nostalgic when the black and white photos of Great World were seen. And I can also understand my Mum when she started reciting her stories as well.

Definitely a movie which suits all ages. =)

Happy CNY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...