Monday, February 14, 2011

Look after your boobies girlies!

Hi folks!

Here I am with a helpful community service announcement: follow your doctor's instructions and make sure that you do regular breast self-examinations and get your regular mammograms and ultrasounds.

Depending on your age and level of risk your doctor's recommendations will be different, so find out what is right for you.

Check out this information from The McGrath Foundation on how to be breast aware.

I'm a breast cancer survivor.

I haven't talked about it much here on this blog, but it's been nine years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer. Nine years that I have been cancer free! Today is the day that I'm having my regular mammogram and ultrasound, and I thought that I'd take the opportunity to share this with you all and remind you to look after your health. I was only 30 years old when I was diagnosed, and had no idea that I was at risk. I was still breastfeeding my son Josh and found the lump myself. If I hadn't taken action then I wouldn't be here today.

If you are affected by this disease in some way and would like to ask questions or need someone to talk to, feel free to leave me a comment with a way to get in touch with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...