Friday, April 22, 2011

Addicted to weighing and trying to avoid the dreaded plateau



Starting weight: 80.5 kg

Last week's weight: 71.5 kg

Current weight: 71.1 kg

Loss this week: 0.4 kg

I was totally disappointed this week on weigh day. Why? Because a couple of days earlier I weighed myself and got 70.8 kg and I thought I might even get down to 70.5 kg and post a 1 kg loss. Then I got on the scales on "the day" and got 71.1 kg. Boo :(

Now that I've got my fabulous fancy scales I'm getting a little bit addicted to weighing myself. I really should restrict myself to once a week on weigh day only. How often do you weigh?

Now that the weather is getting a bit cooler and less humid here, I've started going for longer walks to amp up my exercise a bit. I've still got quite a lot of weight to lose and I'm concerned that the rate of loss is dropping off and that soon I'm going to plateau. I'm trying a pre-emptive strike of extra exercise to avoid this. I guess I'm concerned that my body will get used to working with less calories and will become more efficient and I'll stop losing weight. Does this happen? Does anyone else out there worry about things like that?

Now I'm going to do a bad, bad thing. I'm guessing that this post might get more traffic than my usual ones due to the fact that I'm linking up with Brandy at You Don't Know. So I'm going to include a link to my last post in the hope that if you're visiting from Brandy's blog, you might click on the link and check it out.

http://readersrandomramblings.blogspot.com/2011/04/you-host-me-and-ill-host-you.html

And if you haven't come from Brandy's blog then you should definitely click on the button at the top of this post and go visit her straight away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...