Friday, April 29, 2011

A New Goal!



Starting weight: 80.5 kg

Last week's weight: 71.1 kg

Current weight: 70.2 kg

Loss this week: 0.9 kg

Things are going well in the weight loss department. I seem to have conquered my need to constantly check my weight and I don't appear to have plateaued yet!

I have now reached an exciting stage in my Weight Watchers journey. Because I have lost 10% of my weight, I have been given the option to either move on the the maintenance plan or set a new goal weight.

I don't know how it works if you go to meetings, but I like this about the online plan. It means that WW acknowledges the fact that I've lost a significant amount of weight, am much healthier than I was before, and may want to just work on maintaining this loss. I think this would be a perfectly valid choice for lots of people, particularly if the 10% loss had put them within the healthy weight range for their height, or if the loss had taken a long time and they needed a break from losing for a while.

For me however, the healthy weight range is 50 - 62 kg, so I still have a way to go. And the loss hasn't taken very long, only 11 weeks, so I'm still feeling motivated and ready to keep going.

So I've set a new goal: 57 kg

I know it's pretty light (only about 125 pounds) but I'm short and I weighed in the 50-55 kg range when I was first married so I think it's probably do-able.

Onward and upward, or should that be downward?

Now I highly recommend that you click on the button at the top of this post and go visit Brandy at You Don't Know. She has a picture of her toxic toe blister that you just have to see! (She's a runner now.)

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...