Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Assignment Overload



For the past week or so, I have been focusing almost exclusively on my next uni assignment. I find honing my academic writing the most challenging thing about my M Ed. Our assignments all have very strict word limits, and we are given detailed marking sheets with sections like "responds to", "uses evidence", "demonstrates analysis" and "addresses learning objectives effectively". It is so difficult to adequately cover everything expected of us within the word limit! Not only that, we are constantly reminded to be critically evaluative in what we write.

I find myself rewriting and editing over and over, as I try to find the elusive combination of words that will demonstrate my grasp of the issues, critical reflection, and original thought!

I'm now at the point where I feel like I wouldn't have a clue whether what I have written for the current assignment is rubbish or genius! I'm too close. I may have to take a break and work on something else for a day or two then come back to it.

Despite my complaints, I do find the academic writing enjoyable and challenging. But the time between submission and receiving results can be a little stressful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...