Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Live and Learn



Doesn't this lavendar farm look gorgeous? Imagine the smell! I'm burning some lavendar and jasmine in my oil burner at the moment, trying to relax and lift my mood. I've been struggling a bit. This time of year is always busy, it seems from now until Christmas the pressure builds and builds. This year I'm studying as well as the usual business of family life and work, so I'm feeling the pinch.

As usual, when I feel stressed, it only takes one thing to tip me over the edge. Today it was receiving my first assignment results for the semester. Disappointing. Not what I needed today. Now that I've had a chance to think it through, I realise that I took a calculated risk with this assignment. I weighed up several factors, including the fact that it was only worth 30% of my final mark for the subject, and went ahead and submitted it despite knowing that I had strayed from the set task. Foolish? Perhaps so. We have been told to make sure that we read the requirements carefully. Fair enough. But to be honest, I really believed that the assignment I wrote was better than what I would have done by sticking strictly to the task. Being an optimist, I even thought that what I'd written demonstrated original thought and I really hoped that the marker would think it was fantastic! Oh well.

We live and learn. We make mistakes. We get back up and try again. We are not defined by our failures. My next assignments are going to be fabulous (and I'm going to stick to the task definition like glue!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...