Tuesday, December 8, 2009

All Together Dead

It's not too late to sign up to take part in the Sookie Stackhouse Reading Challenge. Head over to Beth Fish Reads and check it out.
Charlaine Harris' Southern Vampire Series are listed below, with links to my review posts.

All Together Dead
From Dead to Worse
Dead and Gone

And so we move on to my review for All Together Dead by Charlaine Harris.

Borrowed from my local public library.

**** "A great fun read."

From the back of the book: "Betrayed by her longtime vampire love, Louisiana cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse must now not only deal with a possible new man in her life - the oh-so-handsome shape-shifter Quinn - but also contend with a long-planned vampire summit..."

I found this instalment in the series pleasantly satisfying. A lusty sex scene (no, I won't tell you who!), a declaration of undying love (or at least desire), and a mysterious blood exchange ritual leading to an irrevocable bond.

Of course, as usual, there's death and destruction, murder and mayhem - perhaps a little too much for me. The ins and outs of the vampire summit, the sheer number of villians, and the complex relationships between all the different players were difficult for me to get my head around. I still don't think I quite understood what happened!

Nonetheless, an entertaining diversion that provides Sookie with plenty of scope for adventure in future episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...