Sunday, December 27, 2009

Wrapping up the Sookie Stackhouse Reading Challenge


Thanks so much to the delightful Beth at Beth Fish Reads for hosting the Sookie Stackhouse Reading Challenge and introducing me to these enjoyable books. Their author, Charlaine Harris, has written other series also, as well as some short stories, so I'm definitely glad that I've found her!

From Dead to Worse by Charlaine Harris. Borrowed from my local public library. **** "Great, as expected."
I'm having a little bit of trouble with this review. I read this one, and the last one Dead and Gone, immediately after one another in the space of a day and a half, and I'm finding it hard to remember where one finished and the other started!

Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris.

Borrowed from by local public library.

**** "Fun!"












So, I'm not wanting to give away too much to those of you who will be wanting to read these books for yourselves. Lets just say this much - the weres are battling in From Dead to Worse and the fairies are battling in Dead and Gone, and Sookie manages to be right in the middle of it all. Bill is still professing undying love for Sookie, but her bond with Eric is strengthening. Not to be left out, Quinn and Alcide both make appearances in these books also. As usual, all Sookie wants is a peaceful life and a man in her bed that she can rely on to hang around for a while, and as usual Sookie ends up in danger and physically and emotionally hurt.

If you haven't tried the Sookie Stackhouse books, but like fast paced easy reads that are just a little bit trashy (!), then I recommend that you give these books a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...