Sunday, December 20, 2009

Have Yourselves a Merry Little Christmas

Well the presents are wrapped, school is finished, the Christmas parties are done. In just a few short days we'll be unwrapping the gifts, getting together with family, eating, drinking and being merry. So why don't I feel very ho-ho-ho-happy?

I guess I have had a pretty busy time of it lately. I'm probably mostly just tired. And I think sometimes we put a lot of pressure on special occasions and holidays to live up to our expectations. We think that Christmas should be so special and shiny and merry, and I think it's hard for it to live up to the hype.

So I'm just going to take things one day at a time. (Which is how I try to live all the time.) This afternoon we're heading down to my sister's place to have a BBQ dinner. We usually get together once a week, but lately end-of-year festivities have gotten in the way. So tonight will be our first meal together in a while, so I should plan to enjoy it! (It's a bit sad when you have to remind yourself to enjoy things that should be effortlessly enjoyable - so I guess I must be tired!)

Chris and I went to Lizotte's in Newcastle last night and saw the Bondi Cigars with some friends. Check them out in this video (not taken by me, just found on YouTube).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...