Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Feeling Blah

Weather horrible.

Children bored.

Slept for 12 hours last night and still feel tired.

What is wrong with me? I'm having a definite post-Christmas slump. Thank goodness we didn't go away like we usually do at this time of year. Caravans and caravan parks by the beach are not so fun in rainy weather. It's been bad enough at home. Joshua got a new bike for Christmas and he hasn't even been able to ride it yet. We haven't been able to go to the beach. Chris' colleague at work has lent us his boat (just a tinnie) so we can go out fishing, but we haven't been able to. Poor Chris, he has to go back to work on Monday, and I don't think he's had much of a fun holiday.

It's New Year's Eve today. Every year there are fireworks down at the waterfront, not far from here. It's doable to head down there for the 9pm fireworks and be home and in bed by 10pm. Yes, we are such party animals! Every year there's a circus, and every year the kids ask to go, and every year we don't. But this morning I was feeling sorry for everyone, so I swung into action, found out that the circus is on at 3pm, (giving us plenty of time to get dinner then be ready for the 9pm fireworks), and got us some ringside seats! Yay for me! Only one problem, I think I might have missed the window of opportunity for pleasing my kids. I think they might be a bit too old and too cool for the circus now. When I told them that we were going the circus, their responses were less than ecstactic. Oh well, I'm trying...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...