Thursday, June 18, 2009

Getting it Together


I began this blog as required work for a uni course that I'm doing. I'm studying a Master of Education in Teacher Librarianship, and with the rise of Web 2.0, my lecturer wants to make sure that we are all conversant in using different Web 2.0 tools that could be useful in school libraries.

I immediately decided that, although my blog was intended to allow me to explore ideas about the role of teacher librarians, information literacy, and other scholarly subjects, I wanted to make it personal, and include anecdotes from my personal life. And so I have blundered along, posting here and there, visiting other blogs, and getting ideas.

I have now got to the stage where I realise that what drew me to librarianship in the first place, is love of reading and love of learning. That love of interacting with the written word is my driving force. So I really want this blog to reflect that. I think I'm finally getting it together!

If you check out the right hand side of my blog's home page, you will see that there is a link to my guestbook. The guestbook is where I am posting book reviews at the moment. I'm not very experienced in writing book reviews and am learning as I go along. My most recent review, written today, is for If Wishes Were Horses by Merry Whiteford. Please check out my guestbook anytime, and feel free to leave a review, a comment, or a book recommendation.

Underneath the guestbook, you'll see my book lists. This is where I will list books that I have read reviews of and would like to read. I will always include a link to the review, so you can see if you want to read it too! I intend to work on three lists, one for me, one for my daughter Alana, and one for my son Joshua. When I read something from the list, I'll post a review in my guestbook and the book will disappear from the "Must Read" list. I hope to get my kids reviewing for me too!

A lot of the ideas I get come from the blogs that I follow. They are listed under my book lists. I try to visit each new post and encourage you to use the links to visit too!

I have not yet had any luck picking up a copy of Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris. It's the first in the Southern Vampires series that I am challenging myself to read courtesy of Beth Fish Reads. For some strange reason, my local library has lots of Sookie but not the first book of the series, and I can't bear to read it out of order. Looks like I might have to buy it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...