Sunday, June 21, 2009

Meeting Sookie



Welcome to my first post in the Sookie Stackhouse Reading Challenge!


I have joined a challenge hosted by Beth Fish Reads which requires me to read all the books in Charlaine Harris' Southern Vampires series within the next year. Piece of cake!

The books are:
Dead Until Dark
Living Dead in Dallas
Club Dead
Dead to the World
Dead as a Doornail
Definitely Dead
All Together Dead
From Dead to Worse
Dead and Gone

The titles make me chuckle :) I wonder if Charlaine is having trouble coming up with phrases containing the word dead?

A little trip to Borders has netted me a copy of Dead Until Dark at 30% off (they are so cunning emailing me discount vouchers every week!). I did see the box set of the first 7 books, but at $120 it was out of my price range! I really like the cover art on the box set, it is whimsical and quirky; instead I have what I assume is an image from the HBO series True Blood.
I have been very restrained, and haven't started reading yet because I'm still part way through another book which I want to finish first. How's that for self-control!
I did have a little peek at the first page, just to get a feel for it (!), and I could tell right away that I am going to love Sookie! She has a hint of sarcasm in her voice, and does a little dance step of joy when she realises that her very own vampire has just walked into the bar! She has me intrigued!
If you'd like to join the challenge click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...