Thursday, June 4, 2009

I sent off a job application yesterday. It's for a part time Branch Officer in a Public Library. Go me!
I'm also trying to pack for our weekend away. I HATE getting ready to go away. I make lists, but always feel like I've forgotten something, and always seem to have to be the one in the family that thinks of everything. (I know, I'm the Mum, that's my job.) But I really hate having to tell everyone else what they need to pack - Have you got a hat? Enough socks? Your hairbrush? - as well as organising all the "family stuff" like the first aid kit (with my family we always need it), folding chairs, sunscreen, towels etc. What bliss it will be next weekend when I only have to pack for myself and go!
I have almost finished What was she thinking? (Notes on a Scandal) by Zoe Heller. It is fantastic! Not fantastic in the sense of swooning over handsome vampires (!!!) but fantastically well written with great insight into human relationships and wonderfully real characters. I will review it when I'm finished.
Alana is now onto Breaking Dawn, the last of the Twilight saga. It's nice being able to talk about the books with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...